Evolution Vintage Violin Bass KONTAKT
DECiBEL | 15 Dec 2022 | 6.23 GB
Who knew that a short scale, violin-shaped electric bass would become the foundational bass tone for a majority of the Beatles’ catalog? With its snappy attack and mellow sustain, this little bass delivers all the low frequency content you need for the backbone of your music as well as the rich-sounding sustain necessary for melodic, memorable bass lines. Speaking of melodic, there’s also a slight “bloom” to its sustain, probably due to its hollow construction rather than having a solid body like most electric basses. Even though it’s unquestionably an electric bass, this characteristic lends a subtle acoustic-like quality to the shape of the notes.
Evolution Vintage Violin Bass captures this highly coveted sound with the usual high level of detail you’ve come to expect from our Evolution series. The library covers both picked as well as fingerstyle playing, with open and partially muted combinations of both, among other articulations. We recorded the neck and bridge pickup signals separately, giving you control over their blend for an additional dimension of tonal flexibility. The neck pickup delivers a warm, fat low end, while the bridge pickup adds brightness and definition.
We developed the library in collaboration with Rosewood Recording Company, one of Utah’s most venerable recording studios. Guy Randle, the owner and recording engineer at Rosewood Recording Company, incorporated analog audio equipment to skillfully sculpt and emphasize the rich tonal qualities of the bass. Evolution Vintage Violin Bass includes both the as-recorded signal as well as an enhanced signal.
Evolution Vintage Violin Bass is based on our Evolution engine, which provides you with a wealth of appointments: a flexible mapping system, customization over the instrument’s settings and playability, and a comprehensive collection of built-in effects for adding the final polish to the bass tone. If you’ve used any of our guitar or bass libraries that use the Evolution engine, its interface and workflow will be very familiar to you.
The library includes many ready-to-use factory presets for a variety of bass tones, many of which take inspiration from the classics that originally made the bass famous.
– Built-in effects engine for instantly-usable bass tones.
– Adjustable pick position using our proprietary physical modeling technology.
– Powerful mapping system that lets you set how you want to trigger articulations, using conditions such as velocity ranges, MIDI CCs, latching and non-latching keyswitches, and more.
– 11.7 GB (compressed to 5.8 GB using the lossless NCW audio format) of 24-bit samples.
– Articulations such as sustains, palm mutes, mutes, and natural harmonics, all available in picked and fingerstyle variations, as well as performance effects like string slaps, divebombs, fret noises, and much more.
– MIDI articulations for instant octaves, grace notes, buzz trills, whole-step slides, whole-step hammer-ons, and slides (velocity-based and tempo-synced).
– Legato samples for slides, hammer-ons, and pull-offs.
– The articulations have 3 dynamics, 2 pick directions (when applicable), and 2x round-robin.
Kontakt Player 5.7.0 (free)
Please REPORT in Comment Broken Links