DECiBEL | 01 Apr 2022 | 36 MB
PMS-20 is an analog-modelled dual high-pass/low-pass filter. Simulating the characteristic Korg-35 filters from the iconic Korg MS-20 mono synth, PMS-20 brings the aggressive, screaming sound of the original unit to the Reason Rack.
– Industrial circuit simulated MS-20 filter
In order to faithfully recreate the character of the real filters we use techniques comparable to those applied in industrial circuit simulators. A topology-preserving, zero-delay feedback loop resolved by a cutting edge and highly optimised differential solver ensures that the sheer authenticity of the analogue sound is preserved when driving PMS-20 into saturation, as well as into self-oscillation. PMS-20 has many uses; from crunching up beats, adding some bite to samples, or giving vocals an edge to hoovering sweeps, making synth leads growl, or demolishing whole tracks.
V. 2.0 adds an extra, and even more authentic, filter model based on the same methods that we have used in our popular Rack Extension filter: Ladder. The old model (A) and the new model (B) can be selected with a switch on the rear.
– 6dB/oct self-oscillating high-pass filter
– 12dB/oct self-oscillating low-pass filter
– INDUSTRIAL CIRCUIT SIMULATION: We use techniques from industrial circuit simulators to accurately model electric components
– RAGE SWITCH: Pushes the filter over the edge
– CV INPUTS: Modulate the cutoff of both filters
– MIX: Wet/dry knob for parallel processing
All product names used are trademarks of their respective owners, and reference to these here in no way constitutes an association or affiliation with Primal Audio. All trademarks are solely used to identify the products whose sound was studied during the development of PMS-20.
Please REPORT in Comment Broken Links